This job position will be assigned to perform in house piping design for all types of Gasification Engineering projects. This job holder will require to perform the required piping design scope of work and provide proper coordination with upstream and downstream functions. He/she will be also expected to provide piping design and construction material estimation to support proposal work. This position is expected to provide and professional communications to other team members.
- Manage and perform various aspects of piping design including piping arrangement drawing, Isometric drawing, piping list, BOM preparation, piping support drawing, piping insulation standard etc.
- Coordinate and communicate technical issues among various groups including company US and Europe engineering centers and Local Design Institute.
- Review and feedback piping basic and detail design drawing and spec completed by LDI or vendors.
- Understanding APCI engineering piping standard, spec and international industry piping engineering code and local code.
- Support project proposal estimation, project execution, commissioning and start up.
- Support on site piping construction for technical issues and provide resolution suggestion.
- Establish piping design plan and schedule of own scope, report design status and issues, ensure the schedule be met with good quality deliverables.
- Active in problem solving on significant issues.
- Work closely with proposal team to support new bidding opportunities timely and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical process/ mechanical Engineering or above.
- Acceptable and communicable level English skills.
- Good personality as a professional engineer.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Be able to travel to site as required.
- Willing to learn various piping design tools, including SP3D, Mircrostation, SP Sketch, SP Review, etc.
- Willing to learn local and international piping design standards and codes.
- Willing to learn piping design, check and approve procedure as well as interface with other functions.
- Having a sense on project design scheduling and planning.
- Having a sense on cross function knowledge for interface purpose.