Working as an Aira agent is unlike most jobs because, as we like to say, “The only constant at Aira is change”. Scenarios are always varied and unique – agents could be called upon by Aira customers for assistance with anything from ordering a morning coffee on the way to work to planning a dream journey around the globe. Since no two calls are the same, Aira agents are chameleons who are ready to adapt, quick to troubleshoot, and who always provide superior customer service.
How does Aira work?
Aira is an information-providing service that empowers individuals to live with greater freedom and independence. We deliver instant access to visual information; in fact, Aira’s technology has been described as having vision in your pocket. As a certified Aira agent you simply log onto our specialized dashboard from your personal computer at home and begin answering live video calls from our customers.
Who are Aira’s customers?
Many of Aira’s customers, known as Explorers, are blind or have low vision. While the majority of our customers live in the United States of America, we also have customers in Canada, U.K., Australia and New Zealand. Therefore, on any given day it is not unusual for an Aira agent to virtually join a morning commute to one of Boston’s many universities, read the funnies of an evening newspaper in Houston, and end the shift by catching the tram in Melbourne.
Sound exciting but not sure you’re up for the challenge? Don’t worry! We have developed a specialized training and certification process to ensure you’ll be ready and able to help all of Aira’s customers with these activities of daily living. Regardless of your current stage in life, becoming an Aira agent is rewarding and we want you to join our growing network of Aira agents!
We are looking for:
- Patient people who are enthusiastic, friendly, and articulate
- Active listeners who pay attention to every detail
- People who are flexible and eager to learn new things
- People who love to search the web to find the best and most relevant information
- People who can multitask while remaining calm and focused under pressure
- Respectful people who excel at working through complicated tasks or difficulties
As a technology that connects real people in real time, we take the privacy of all parties very seriously. Due to the unique role and working environment, all Aira agents must meet these listed minimum requirements. All listed specifications require proof in order to qualify for this position and must continue to be true throughout your time with Aira.
All agents must meet or exceed the following personal, physical, and educational requirements before applying.
- A minimum of 2 years customer service experience, 5 years preferred
- Must be a high school graduate, some college preferred
- Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States
- Must be fluent in English, additional language familiarity a bonus
- Must have a private workspace with no background noise that is free from family, friends, pets, etc.
- Must use a headphones with a noise-cancelling microphone
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to read, understand, and describe locations using a map
- Must be able to use a mouse and keyboard to navigate a computer
- Must be able to hear and speak on a telephone
- Must be able to see, process, and describe visual information
The technology platform Aira has built is only compatible with computers and is not compatible with tablets, Chromebooks, or smartphones. Please ensure your equipment meets our needs before applying.
- A minimum of a 4 CORE CPU as well as these following minimum performance indicators according to this free evaluator: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
- PC – equal or greater than 5,975 with a rank less than 810
- Mac – equal or greater than 4,303 with a rank less than 1,104
- A minimum of 8 GB RAM
- A minimum of 40 GBS available disk space
- A Windows or Mac computer using at least Windows 10 or Mac OS High Sierra
- Free of malware, spyware, or viruses of any kind according to this free malware service: malwarebytes.com
- A minimum internet speed that is reliably 25 MBPS according to this free speed test: www.fast.com
- A private, secure connection protected by a password
Role and responsibilities:
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls
- Responsible for maintaining a professional, friendly demeanor with Explorers to establish positive rapport
- Responsible for knowing how to use Aira’s platform, features, and mobile app
- Aid Explorers, via the Aira platform, in providing descriptions of products, physical environment, or items, providing directions, public transportation details, troubleshooting technology, placing online orders, and all other requests from Explorers that are within Aira’s Terms of Service
- Utilize all resources available through Aira or the internet to complete Explorer’s task
- Maintain record of customer interactions through recordings and detailed after call notes
- Responsible for helping set up new Explorer accounts when they call in for the first time
- Submit support tickets on behalf of Explorers for issues regarding service, technology, or other requests
- Utilize all 3rd party applications for communication with coworkers and management in daily operations
- Work with the management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies
- Responsible for adhering to Aira’s Data Handling Policy
- Responsible for completing ongoing training courses when assigned within allotted time
- Responsible for troubleshooting personal computer, headset, and microphone to ensure functionality in order to complete shift