Are you seeking an immersive learning experience to help you build the foundation for an impactful career?
Do you want to help create the world’s best and most secure digital experiences?
Grow within our energetic organization
As a PREP engineer, you will rotate through four 6-month assignments within our organization. Our teams deliver the functions needed to support Akamai’s intelligent edge, including network operations, optimization, performance and information security. As the backbone of Akamai, we deliver our promise of fast, reliable and secure Internet.
Join our Engineering Rotation Program (PREP)
During our 2-year, 4-rotation program, you will learn with information security, networks, performance engineering, and platform engineering teams. With training from collaborative team members, you will build lifelong leadership, initiative, problem solving, and functional skills. After building a foundation with various technologies, you will be placed onto a permanent team.
As a Rotation Engineer in PREP, you will be responsible for:
- Leveraging data analytics, network diagnostics and debugging tools to characterize performance, reliability, scalability and capacity of large-scale distributed systems
- Analyzing systems for safety, security, and resilience issues, working with a research team to determine mitigation steps
- Participating in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve methodologies
- Participating in customized technical and soft skills trainings throughout the program
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, another related field or its equivalent
- Be graduating between December 2020 and June 2021, and able to start full-time employment in June 2021
- Have at least 1 prior internship experience in computer science, program management, or data science
- Be comfortable with one or more of the following languages: Python, C++, Golang
- Have experience with network technologies and internet protocols such as TCP/IP, WAN and DNS (nice to have)
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a team player, able to collaborate, prioritize, and solve problems in an ever-changing environment
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.