Do you ace your English classes without breaking a sweat?
Do you want to learn the little-known secrets of the Internet?
Join our innovative technical communications team
Our team creates documentation that helps engineers build and maintain Akamai’s network—one of the world’s largest distributed platforms. We produce and revise task, concept, and reference materials to support the Networks organization.
Join our top-rated intern & co-op programs
As a participant in our programs, you will gain valuable experience and make contributions through meaningful project work. You will have the opportunity to join us for trainings, networking events, and engagements with company leadership. Our 12-week intern program starts in May, and our 6-month co-op program starts in January or July.
Show off your impressive writing skills
On the technical documentation team, you will update and create documentation for our Networks department. Working with our global writers you will conduct stakeholder interviews and gather information to produce exceptional documentation. By enabling engineers to work well and quickly, you help streamline the daily work we do.
As a Technical Writer Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Writing and updating documentation that helps engineers and field techs do great work efficiently
- Interviewing subject matter experts in the Networks department and incorporating technical knowledge into clean documentation
- Learning about our computer networks technology and the documentation lifecycle
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be currently studying in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing or another related field
- Be able to communicate complex technical content to a wide range of audiences with varying technical abilities
- Have prior exposure to the documentation lifecycle and experience with technical writing (nice to have)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Through our intern and co-op programs we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Financial benefits offered to interns and co-ops, including a 401k and health insurance, are offered through our managed service provider (MSP). Students also gain the following benefits directly from our programs:
- Career development trainings
- Visibility into senior leadership through Fireside Chats
- Networking and social events with an international intern cohort
- Final project showcase presented to the company
- Fun perks including Akamai branded merchandise
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to learn and make a real impact in a global technology company? Come join us and learn with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! By the end of your assignment, you will gain a network of encouraging colleagues ready to support you in your studies and beyond.