Albourne is an investment consultant which was founded in 1994. Albourne advises over 280 investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $550 billion alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. It specializes in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Private Credit, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients to be the best investors they could be by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Data & Analytics, and Implementation Support (middle and back office) services. Albourne seeks to minimize potential conflicts of interest by only providing non-discretionary advice, which it does on a fixed fee basis.
Albourne’s 400+ employees are in 10 offices globally, including London, San Francisco, Connecticut, Munich, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Nicosia and Bahrain. Albourne is proud of its flat structure with over 90 Partners, over 75 of whom are either share or option holders.
The role of the Associate Analyst – Portfolio (Middle Office) is to work closely with the Middle Office partners in providing terms review, negotiation support and transaction support services to clients for their investments in hedge and private market funds. The Associate Analyst will also be engaged in external communications with fund managers to support Albourne’s efforts for securing fee discounts for our clients.
The Associate Analyst will also support continuing development of Middle Office services and related reports. Following a period of apprenticeship, the Associate Analyst is expected to develop a mastery of the issues commonly encountered when providing these services to clients and will be expected to lead on client implementation projects with confidence.
The Associate Analyst will also assist in developing training material and presentations for internal and external use on issues related to clients’ implementation of alternative investments, as well as cataloguing and organizing responses to client issues for creating an issues library for use with subsequent clients.
A significant portion of the Associate Analyst’s time may be allocated to assist specific clients on specific implementation projects. Such clients may be located in the U.S. or abroad.
Working closely with the Middle Office partners, the Associate Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
· Support continuing development of Middle Office, Process Review and Fee Negotiation services and related projects
· Support partners on negotiation of fee discounts for clients.
· Following a period of apprenticeship:
o Assist clients in setting up a deal process for the implementation of alternative investments (e.g., conduct Process Reviews) and assist in the systematizing and improvement of related reports
o Assist the partners in the review of investment documentation, and the completion of necessary forms.
o Support the partners in providing advice to clients and the Portfolio Group on fund structures, terms and other legal terms.
· Keep abreast of changes and trends in market practice relating to the contents of fund documents and anti-money laundering regulations.
· Keep abreast of regulatory developments that impact the alternative investment industry
· Develop with the assistance of the Implementation Analyst Partner, as needed, educational materials for Albourne’s staff and clients regarding the implementation of alternative investments (e.g., detailed list of legal issues that the client should have external counsel examine for each investment).
· Provide research and advice to clients on specific terms being negotiated with a specific fund manager, including the level of fees
· Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on written research reports
What We’re Looking For
· Undergraduate degree, minimum. Graduate business degree, law degree, CFA, or CAIA preferred.
· At least 2 years’ experience with alternative investments, preference for experience reviewing investment management contracts and/or work experience at an institutional investor.
· Developed understanding of the structure, terms and mechanics of alternative investment funds and contracts.
· Understanding of institutional investor norms and best practices for governance, investment process and investment operations.
· Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an excellent eye for detail.
· Ability to travel overseas as required.
· Systems literacy (Microsoft Office), advanced Excel skills a plus.
· Attendance of company events.
· Signing and complying with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals.
Benefits and Perks
· Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
· Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
· Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
· 401k & FSA
· Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga and fitness
· 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.