At Aledade, Full-Stack Technical Leads are individual contributors and leaders. They are the trusted hubs of our teams. Together with their teams, they create secure, maintainable, performant, correct, scalable, and stable solutions to the complex and unique challenges in our corner of the healthcare industry. They embrace strategies that minimize risk, leaning towards observability, alerting, metrics, high test coverage, and frequent releases that incrementally build value. Given these attributes, Technical Leads possess high visibility inside and out of our Engineering division and pay a critical role in the growth of the company and the practices Aledade supports.
● Individually contributes, codes, and implements excellent technical solutions.
● Partners with stakeholders and medical experts across the enterprise to understand their problem space.
● Partners with Engineering teams to craft solutions that conform to our overall architectural vision.
● Advocates for and mentors Engineers, providing constructive and candid feedback.
● Continuously stays abreast of the latest technologies and best practices.
● Influences process.
● Removes or surfaces roadblocks.
● Holds project team Engineers accountable to quality, schedule, and process.
● Estimates the level of effort for project user stories, tasks, and milestones.
● Works with PMs to develop technical roadmaps for project success.
● Provides technical direction to project teams.
● Pioneers and champions technical approaches and new processes to enable teams to achieve flow.
● Fosters a culture of transparency and cross-team/cross-functional collaboration.
● Communicates with management about the state of projects, systems, and Engineers.
● Communicates technical designs, technical strategy, and project status to project teams, stakeholders, and Engineering Leadership.
● Reduces project risk, ensuring projects have good test coverage, release frequently, and incrementally add value.
● Ensures solutions are measurable by embedding logging, alerting, and metric collection.
● Protects our business by complying with HIPAA requirements and proactively securing our systems. (e.g., Protects our business with security best practices such as OWASP Top Ten)
● Embodies our values: Service, Inclusion, Accountability, Curiosity, and Evidence.
What We Value
● 7+ years of programming experience or 5+ with a Master’s degree.
○ Preference for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
● 4+ years of experience developing and scaling enterprise-grade web applications as a full-stack engineer.
○ Back-end technology preference for core modern Python.
■ Familiarity with unit testing, integration testing, and continuous integration.
● 3+ years of experience creating and working with complex data models in SQL
○ Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus.
● 2+ years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision maker and project architect in a team of 3 or more engineers.
Nice to Haves
● Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and other container platforms.
● Knowledge of process orchestration systems.
○ Experience with Airflow is a plus.
● Familiarity with Flask, RESTful services.
● Familiarity with ORMs
○ Experience with SQLAlchemy is a plus.
● Experience with CI/CD.
● Experience performance tuning an existing system: SQL profiling and optimization, code splitting, caching, etc…
● Experience scaling an existing system to keep pace with business growth. (e.g., moving from monolith to services based architecture)
● Experience with converting a web application to a new front-end framework. (e.g., AngularJS to Vue)
● Working knowledge of health information systems.
● Service: You care about people and society. You are driven to make the world a better place and are excited for the opportunity to improve public health.
● Accountability: You want to be judged by your outcomes. You “own it” even when circumstances are not under your control. You hold others accountable for the success of the business. You do not give up on finding solutions to challenging problems.
● Inclusion: You pursue equity. You find strength in a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. You are kind and respectful towards all people at work and in your communities.
● Evidence: You believe there is truth in data, rely on the scientific method to guide your decisions, use metrics to evaluate success, and strive to be objective whenever possible. You believe there is value in being transparent to ourselves and others. You do not withhold or ignore relevant information.
● Curiosity: You strive to make yourself and others better every day. You learn and actively seek to broaden your expertise. You teach and are eager to share our knowledge with teammates. You are humble, acknowledging your mistakes and growing from them.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, and a 2020 Inno on Fire by DC Inno.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
10 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Weekly catered lunches
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.