Temporary Guest Services Associate
Part time, 25 hours/weekly | US-based, any location – Twin Cities, MN preferred |
Reports to Director of Development Operations | October 2021
Hello Hello! So you’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here.
When you Join Alight, you’ll find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
An organization that refuses to settle for anything less than delivering human-worthy services.
You’ll join a services team that recognizes everyone has gifts to share and cares deeply about supporting others to do their best work. As an Alight ambassador, you constantly strive to reflect the values of the organization to guests both inside and out.
We count on our Guest Services Associate to help guide any guest in what they need, show up confident, be ready to take on any conversation, and convey the enthusiasm and commitment we feel working at Alight every day.
You understand how to provide exceptional customer service, top-notch administrative support and communicate positively, big-heartedly, and effectively. You have an infectious enthusiasm for serving others and this isn’t your first time. You won’t settle for the status quo of service and are constantly striving to improve the way we serve at Alight – inside and out.
Both when work is busy and slow, you are talented at managing expectations and your own time. You are personable, helpful and organized. You deliver your work generously and take ownership of everything that lands in your lap, recognizing your responsibility as the first voice of Alight.
Maintain a welcoming experience every step of the way
- Create a warm and welcoming experience for every guest. When on the phone, field inquiries with a generous spirit and friendly voice.
- Respond to email inquiries promptly and with added attention. Review the inbox and reply to messages daily so supporters know they are being heard. Forward messages to staff for additional support as appropriate.
- Field calls from people with a desire to get involved. Listen closely, connect callers to opportunities, and follow through.
- Familiarize yourself with the Alight website, programs and giving opportunities. Keep up to date on new experiences to speak to callers about their needs at any time.
- Go the extra mile. Give callers the option of following up by text or email.
- Work with the Team Builders to manage contacts for volunteer and employment inquiries.
- Be ready and willing to jump in on other projects as assigned because every day is different. Support all Minneapolis staff with administrative tasks when requested
Support Donor Services
- Provide follow up to calls related to fundraising or donor services. Take credit card information and update payment info for online recurring gifts.
- Keep team informed by promptly tracking donor inquiries using Raiser’s Edge donor software
- Track RSVPs for upcoming Information sessions, workshare share-backs, or other donor events as requested
- When possible, send handwritten notes and thank yous to donors to add a personal touch. We strive to treat every donor relationship like a friend.
- Be curious and open to new ways of working and share best practices and insights. Bring your passions and beliefs to contribute to work culture.
- [If local to the Twin Cities] Once a week, visit the Minneapolis office to assemble donor acknowledgement letters. Keep up with volume, watch for inventory supply, and provide personal touches to thank donors for their financial gifts.
- [If local to the Twin Cities] Be a part of the Office Moving team. Coordinate office visits, pack up workspaces, and pitch in to manage office supplies when requested.
QUALIFICATIONS. All that’s required is the ability to live the Alight values through a commitment to service, an ability to truly listen and act in response to need, and a willingness to dig in to solve a problem or advance a solution. Other helpful key behaviors and abilities include:
- Deep experience working in service. Customer-centered and driven to go above and beyond.
- Flexible, flexible, flexible: we respond to people and their needs.
- Multi-tasker. The ability to work productively in both fast and slow environments + the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without losing sight of customer service.
- A thorough understanding of how your way of being shows up in the workplace and how to take ownership of responsibilities.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and reliable.
- Proficiency with PC systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows Outlook.
- Diligence, detail-oriented, friendly and self-motivated.
You strive for…
- Humility. You learn from others with an open heart and open mind.
- Inclusivity. Our diversity is our strength. You value diversity of opinion and thought. You invite all voices to the table regardless of gender, ethnicity/tribe, sexual orientation, or physical/mental ability.
- Empathy. you know how to really hear other people and understand their meaning.
- Joy. Seriously! We believe that play and joy are core to co-creating value with customers.
- Flexibility. We’re constantly designing and iterating. You’ll be working in ambiguity always – embrace it and see the possibility that it allows. The ability to roll with it will make that easier.
- Creativity. You have the ability to apply sound judgment and innovative ideas to meet challenges.
We are on a journey to build Alight, a new platform of amazing people and organizations providing lifesaving services and creating breakthrough solutions for and with the displaced. WeAreAlight.org
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.