- Under general supervision, performs a variety of analytical and high level administrative support activities.
- Responsible for:
- Entering or ensuring that labor hours and expenses are entered into the appropriate systems to pay employees in accordance with current labor contracts and in compliance with Company policy and procedures.
- Preparing reports (overtime, call-outs, seniority) and vacation/holiday schedules to assist supervisors in the development and planning of personnel work scheduling.
- Overseeing service contracts required to maintain office machines/equipment and general office cleaning/maintenance contracts.
- Compiling and preparing data to assist others in meeting internal and/or regulatory compliance reporting and budgeting.
- Responding to inquiries about benefits or Company policies.
- Maintaining and distributing employee information and other communications.
- Initiating/verifying/maintaining a variety of manual and automated human resources/payroll records, and pre-employment interviewing and testing.
- May train other department support staff.
- Associates, Vocational, or Technical degree in accounting, business, administrative field or equivalent required.
- Four years or more directly related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Light travel may be required
- Requires excellent interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.