- Assists with development, implementation and administration of industrial hygiene programs, including studies of work environment, operations, processes, nature of the work, materials and equipment, products and by-products, workforce composition, and work hours, measurement of work environment and chemical and physical analysis.
- Develops recommendations for corrective actions to eliminate, control or reduce occupational health problems.
- May be required to prepare and present expert testimony on issues pertaining to industrial hygiene.
- Effective performance required to assure work environment complies with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Industrial Hygiene degree preferred
- Candidates completing their degree by July 2021 will be considered
Industrial Hygienist I:
- Industrial Hygiene experience, such as participation in Industrial Hygiene internship or Industrial Hygiene work experience, required.
Industrial Hygienist II:
- Four years or more industrial hygiene experience.
- Certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist required.
- Safety professional experience desired.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Required to begin the American Board of Industrial Hygiene Certified Industrial Hygienist process within 6 months of hire and achieve certification as soon as eligible to sit for the exam.
- Certification as a Safety Specialist through BCSP is preferred
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain productive internal and external working relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.