The Record Technician will be responsible for a comprehensive range of activities and services associated with the effective and efficient delivery of the organization’s Records Program. This position allows the employee to build basic records management skills.
Work involves some latitude for independent judgment and resolution of routine issues. Requires strong organizational and time management skills in order to set priorities and adhere to established time frames. Requires attention to detail and strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate and interact effectively with various co-workers. Ability to complete assignment with multiple steps and work on multiple assignments simultaneously, guided by defined processes and project requirements. Works efficiently under limited supervision and accountable for own results.
- Perform document scanning and other conversion projects, quality control of converted documents, organization of files, and assist in department projects
- Confidential destruction of records (shredding, degaussing)
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of record management systems and a wide range of equipment and software
- Recognize and preserve the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information on a day-to-day basis.
- Perform a variety of routine and non-routine assignments, often repetitive, with minimum supervision utilizing initiative and independence.
- Facilitate and support department objectives by carrying out administrative responsibilities including but not limited to, answering phones and emails, expense reporting, ordering supplies, and coordination of materials as needed with other departments.
- Assist in keeping document storage and records centers well organized, accessible, and maintained according to environmental/safety/security/maintenance standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in business administration, computer technology, related field or equivalent preferred
- Additional job-related certificate(s) preferred
- One year or more related work experience in an office setting
- Basic computer skills required
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, (Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) required
- Experience with scanning/conversion projects preferred
- Experience with Kofax software preferred
- This position will report regularly in person to the Duluth, MN Headquarters office
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.