- Provides day to day supervision of short term energy trading operations to ensure effective and efficient management of Company resources.
- Develops and implements short term purchase and sales strategies to minimize Company’s least cost supply and maximize asset optimization within established risk and reliability standards and MISO requirements.
- Works with management to develop and implement short term purchase/sales strategies to minimize Company’s least cost supply and maximize asset optimization.
- Supervises the energy and transmission scheduling functions to ensure delivery of energy transactions.
- Maintains current network resource information for use in resource planning processes at MISO and other ISOs as appropriate.
- Provides supervision to real time traders through the development and implementation of policies and procedures that optimize short term energy operations consistent with the requirements of the MISO Energy Market to meet business objectives.
- Adheres to ALLETE Risk Management Policies and Guidelines, established Sarbanes-Oxley controls, reliability standards, industry requirements, regulatory rules and policy issues relating to MISO, NERC, MPCA, FERC and MPUC, including applicable Standards of Conduct, to ensure compliance.
- Ensures daily administration of bilateral contracts to ensure least cost supply dispatch of resources or alternate purchases within reliability and generation constraints and within the MISO Energy Market. Facilitates the exchange of short term information among the Generation Operations, System Operations and Marketing areas to optimize Company’s operations under all conditions in the MISO energy market.
- Maintains expertise on emerging trends to fully understand applications and impact to Company.
- Coordinates with RTO Coordination to ensure submission and maintenance of MP’s transmission service request portfolio.
- Coordinates with RTO Coordination regarding MISO stakeholder processes to align with RTO Policies.
- Develops and maintains MISO Module E resource information to ensure accurate and timely submittal of the information to MISO.
- Collaborates with others in Energy Supply to develop and implement strategies to secure FTRs in the Monthly and Annual FTR Allocation Process and the Monthly and Seasonal FTR Auction Process as well as the annual RSP process.
- Monitors the outcome of the FTR strategy and makes recommendations on alternative strategies as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Electrical Technology, Finance, related field or equivalent.
- Five or more years of job-related experience
- Requires high level of interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain working relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.