Title: Co-op, Analytical Development
Location: Waltham, MA
Reports to: Associate Director, Analytical Development
AlloVir, a leader development of novel cellular therapies, is seeking to fill a 6-month co-op position within the Analytical Development team. This position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Immunology or related fields to gain experience with analytical assay development for innovative cell therapy products. This position starts in July 2021 and runs through December. AlloVir is seeking candidates that are passionate about applying scientific principles in support of developing cutting-edge T-cell therapies to treat or prevent devastating viral infections and diseases in patients with T cell deficiencies who have limited or no treatment options.
- Support development of analytical test methods to assess potency and cellular phenotyping of viral specific T cell therapies.
- Develop and maintain a database of historical analytical data and perform ad hoc data analysis to identify optimization opportunities.
- Support sample management and testing logistics between AlloVir and third party testing facilities.
- Work with cross functional partners within Quality Control, Process Development and Manufacturing Sciences & Technology teams to analyze study data.
- Pursuing a degree (B.S., M.S., Ph.D) in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Immunology or related scientific/engineering field.
- Prior experience within an industrial (biopharma/biotech) or academic research environment preferred.
- Must be available 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.