Title: Co-op, Cellular Process Development
Location: Waltham, MA
Reports to: Associate Director, Cellular Process Development
AlloVir, a leader development of novel cellular therapies, is seeking to fill a 6-month co-op position within the Process Development team. This position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing an advanced degree in chemical/biomedical engineering, biology, immunology, or related fields to gain hands-on experience in developing highly innovative cell therapy products. This position starts in July 2021 and runs through December. AlloVir is seeking candidates that are passionate about applying scientific and engineering principles in support of developing cutting-edge T-cell therapies to treat or prevent devastating viral infections and diseases in patients with T cell deficiencies who have limited or no treatment options.
- Evaluate novel technologies for T cell expansion to enable next-generation process development for improvement of process yield, consistency, and key quality attributes.
- Leverage literature, vendor, internal and external cross-functional expertise (including Analytical Sciences and Manufacturing Sciences & Technology) to conduct performance and manufacturability assessment of various technology options
- Perform hands-on process development studies of the selected technology format(s)
- Provide support to Process Development team to conduct commercial advancement related activities.
- Summarize the project outcome through a scientific paper and/or presentation to internal management or potentially an external conference/journal
- Pursuing an advanced degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biology, Immunology, or related scientific/engineering field.
- Demonstrated strong scientific rigor, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience within an industrial (biopharma/biotech) or academic research environment is preferred.
- Must be available 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday from July through December 2021.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.