Title: Co-op, MS&T
Location: Waltham, MA
Reports to: Associate Director, MS&T
AlloVir, a leader development of novel cellular therapies, is seeking to fill a 6-month co-op position within the Manufacturing Sciences & Technology (MS&T) team. This position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a B.S. or advanced degree in chemical/biomedical engineering, biology, or related fields to gain hands on experience in developing highly innovative cell therapy products. This position starts in July 2021 and runs through December. AlloVir is seeking candidates that are passionate about applying engineering and scientific principles in support of developing cutting-edge T-cell therapies to treat or prevent devastating viral infections and diseases in patients with T cell deficiencies who have limited or no treatment options.
- Work with internal and external experts to support clinical and commercial cell therapy manufacturing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a process data history database and perform data analysis (univariate, multivariate statistical analyses).
- Identify and implement operational improvements and novel technological approaches to improve process yield and key quality attributes.
- Support quality investigation and data analysis to address deviation and implement change controls.
- Support activities to enable readiness for process validation.
- Work with Process Development team to perform small-scale studies.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biology or related scientific/engineering field.
- Prior experience within an industrial (biopharma/biotech) or academic research environment preferred.
- Must be available 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.