AllPeople is a paradigm-shifting eCommerce marketplace starting a movement unlike any other that gives our customer’s the control of which charities they want to donate to in their purchases. AllPeople offers sustainable, safe, eco-friendly, and environmentally responsible products at competitive prices and takes it a step further by working in partnership with non-profit organizations eager to be selected as the ‘give back’ option of choice. We provide eco-conscious consumers with the ability to purchase everyday products while simultaneously supporting organizations that they want to see succeed. We pledge to give back an astounding 10 times more than other charitable giving platforms and protect our planet, our families, and our communities.
As an UI/UX intern, you will be working with the core “product” of our company: our online marketplace! You will help enhance the website’s homepage, perfecting aesthetics of the shops’ catalog, and implementing various search and filtering mechanisms. Ultimately, it will be your role to help build the best online shopping experience, one that rivals all other websites.
(Preferred) Qualifications and Tasks:
- Preferred Computer Science, Engineering, or other related majors
- Knowledge of and experience with coding, website development, or digital design
- Backend work on Shopify and Research based projects
- Ensure product descriptions, images, ingredients, and other content are visible in an appealing and appropriate manner
- Implement accurate search and filtering mechanisms
- Edit the website’s fonts and images
- Update and improve elements and the composition of the page
- Ability to assist internal and external teams and consumers
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design
- Create websites and user interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services
- Create and maintain workflows with teams to provide visibility and to ensure workload balance for consistent visual designs
- Develop or validate testing schedules, addressing all browsers and devices to ensure various computers can access content
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by customers, develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design
- Ability to work REMOTE
- An individual who is motivated, communicative, and flexible (working at a startup is an opportunity to wear many hats)!
- Can work at least 10 hours a week
This is an unpaid position, though we offer many benefits including:
- Receive college credit for your work
- Collaborate with students from colleges across the country including UCLA, UC Berkeley, UIUC, and more
- Network with our board of advisors, a handful of highly-qualified working professionals who are eager to mentor and foster young talent
- Work completely remote
- Be part of a brand-new business model that strives to be environmentally conscious and socially responsible, an antithesis to Amazon if you will
Apply through Handshake or contact us at email@example.com
Please fill out this form for your application to be considered.