Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of the Security Intern role is to provide assistance to the Security operations teams in the appropriate application of security best practices and use of advanced security technologies.
- Monitor and analyze security data from multiple sources which include, but are not limited to: SIEM, Anti-malware, EDR, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Windows Event Logs, Vulnerability Management tools, User Behavior Analytics.
- Engineering, implementation and operation of complex security tools, and integration of those tools into a myriad of operational products across public and private cloud hosting environments.
- Identifying critical security vulnerabilities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Building and executing remediation plans involving the tuning, integration, and implementation of advanced security tools.
- Investigate innovative approaches to improve datacenter and application hosting security posture.
- Support day to day technical controls and escalation events.
- Participate in the definition and content of procedural documentation.
- Stay up to date with current security vulnerabilities, attacks, and mitigation techniques.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline
- 3.0+ GPA preferred
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and PowerBI
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SIEM, vulnerability management, IDS, EDR
- PowerShell or Python scripting
- This internship is remote for summer 2021.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a “VEVRAA Federal Contractor” We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans