As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our spring program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
- Start Date: February 4, 2022
- End Date: April 15, 2022
- Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday – Friday)
- Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
- Work Location: 100% Remote
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must have experience with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
ALSAC is the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. ALSAC Global Alliances supports St. Jude Global by aligning with their mission. The mission of St. Jude Global is to improve the survival rates of children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases worldwide. To promote St. Jude Global’s mission, ALSAC Global Alliances mentors and trains nongovernmental partners and foundations around the world in their own fundraising and awareness efforts to support clinics that treat childhood cancer. This intern position would support ALSAC Global’s operations, data management, and communications. This position would also provide the unique opportunity to virtually interact with our nongovernmental partners around the world.
Experience in a second language required (Arabic, French, Russian or Spanish preferred)
- Research childhood cancer and philanthropic landscape in countries where St. Jude has clinical partners
- Maintain documents on existing childhood cancer foundations, based upon checklist
- Organize and upload approved content onto Global Educational library
- Support in the planning, execution, and follow-up stages of virtual events (conferences, webinars, meetings, etc.) through research and assisting in preparation of presentations, registration as well as data compilation
- Gather and organize data from various sources to generate operational reports to support decision making by ALSAC Global team
- Support Global team to ensure quality of data in our foundation database through routine audits
Majors preferred: Nonprofit Management, Development, International Relations, Foreign Language, World Politics, Communications, or any other related major
Skills preferred: Research, communications skills, Excel. CRM experience preferred
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by December 31, 2021.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.