As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our spring program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
- Start Date: February 4, 2022
- End Date: April 15, 2022
- Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday – Friday)
- Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
- Work Location: 100% Remote
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must have experience with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Enterprise Application Service Team (EAST) provides operational support for other software product teams to allow them to focus on building new capabilities and enhancements. This team selectively identifies and executes high effort, repetitive, manual operational tasks, and manages their optimization and automation via a wide variety of technologies.
• Collect and organize data from various sources to generate operational reports to support decision making by key business stakeholders.
• Execute documented Standard Operating Procedures to ensure high data quality, excellent donor experience, and revenue tracking.
• Perform root cause analysis on financial, transactional, and constituent data flows.
• Advise team on findings and best course to take to optimize or automate business and transactional processes.
• Participate in all team Agile ceremonies and practices for planning, design, and execution of operational tasks.
Majors preferred: Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Software Engineering/Development, Electrical Engineering, Data Science
Skills preferred: Critical Thinking, Technical Analysis, Technical Writing and Documentation
Experience working with: Microsoft Database SQL Server (TSQL, SSIS), Excel, Reporting (Tableau, SSRS)
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by December 31, 2021.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.