As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our spring program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
- Start Date: February 4, 2022
- End Date: April 15, 2022
- Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday – Friday)
- Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
- Work Location: 100% Remote
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must have experience with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Social Media Content Production intern will create visual content for @StJude social media channels including graphic design assets, video production, giphy stickers, profile frames, etc. The role will work closely with the Social Media and Communications teams as well as our partners in Digital Design, Creative Services and Creative Media Services. Not only should the intern be able to take direction and build a creative asset, the intern will be expected to bring new ideas to the table and be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, FUN! environment.
- Work with social media team to create content for St. Jude global accounts with a combined following of 3.5M.
- Experience working with social media content systems like Sprinklr or Hootsuite a plus; Photoshop, InDesign or related software knowledge a plus.
- Projects include:
- Critical, creative thinking to identify content ideas that help us reach key audiences and engage supporters more deeply; getting hands on experience with social media from start to finish including ideation, pitching, asset creation, copywriting, posting and reporting
- The spring social media content producer role will support a variety of spring campaigns including Valentine’s Day virtual engagement, Black History Month, Women’s History Month, National Volunteer Week, My St. Jude Family and supporting other creative needs that arise.
Majors preferred: Social Media, Digital Media, Design, Communications, Marketing, Humanities, Journalism
Skills preferred: Social media, graphic design, video editing, curiosity, creative thinking, critical thinking
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by December 31, 2021.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.