Want to work for a firm that is different? Our firm specializes in labor and employment law, groundbreaking environmental and constitutional/civil rights litigation, political and election law, and wage-and-hour and employment discrimination class action matters. We are seeking two legal administrative assistants to start in summer 2021, and are considering both entry-level candidates and candidates with up to five years of legal office experience. These positions are for two or more years, and are an especially good opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in law.
- Excellent academic record
- Interest in public interest law
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to make 2-year commitment
- Some work experience preferred but not required
Duties/Description of Job:
- Supporting 3-5 attorneys
- Formatting, finalizing, and filing documents in state, federal, and appellate courts
- Calendaring case deadlines, hearings, meetings, and other events
- Researching court rules and requirements
- Conducting intake of attorney mail
- Coding and transmitting documents for file room
- Making travel arrangements
- Organizing files and documents
- Preparing letters, memos, etc.
- Performing other duties as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer a salary that is competitive with public interest and non-profit firms and commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and, in addition to 12 holidays, 2 weeks per year vacation to start and 3 weeks after 18 months. We operate in a true team environment while working on cases that make a difference.