Want to work for a firm that makes a difference? Our firm specializes in labor and employment law, groundbreaking environmental and constitutional/civil rights litigation, political and election law, and wage-and-hour and employment discrimination class action matters. We are seeking a short-term legal secretary/legal administrative assistant to start in winter 2021 and are considering both entry-level candidates and candidates with up to five years of legal office experience. This is a short-term position that could lead to a long-term position.
- Excellent academic record
- Interest in public interest law
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Some work experience preferred but not required
- Legal secretary experience preferred but not required
Duties/Description of Job:
- Supporting 3-5 attorneys
- Formatting, finalizing, and filing documents in state, federal, and appellate courts
- Calendaring case deadlines, hearings, meetings, and other events
- Researching court rules and requirements
- Conducting intake of attorney mail
- Coding and transmitting documents for file room
- Making travel arrangements
- Organizing files and documents
- Preparing letters, memos, etc.
- Performing other duties as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer a salary that is competitive with public interest and non-profit firms and commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and, in addition to 12 holidays, 2 weeks per year vacation to start and 3 weeks after 18 months. We operate in a true team environment while working on cases that make a difference.