The AVG internship is an opportunity for an undergraduate student to get his or her foot in the door of a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment building the AVG brand and community. This a desirable industry and post, and the selection process is highly selective.
Interns may have the opportunity to attend virtual “Lunch & Learns” throughout the program. Lunch & Learns are with high-level members of AVG and are a more informal way for interns to learn about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and the business world.
This application is for our Spring/Summer cohort in our Growth Marketing Department reporting to the Social Media Manager. This is an unpaid part-time position with 20 hours/week expected. Current positions are remote. We do not provide housing.
– Current undergraduate student
– Positive attitude
– Strong work ethic
– Desire to learn
– Attention to detail in execution
– Superb time management
– Highly coachable
– Good listener
– High EQ
– Reliable, meeting deadlines and expectations
– Communicates well with colleagues and manager
– Ready to roll up your sleeves and help
– Superb writing skills
– Keen interest in marketing and social media
– Experience with LinkedIn and Facebook
– Assist Social Media Manager with Organic Social strategy and execution for AVG, Focused Funds, and corresponding Alumni Funds
– In-take of organic social requests and build-out of production projects
– Copywriting, editing, and proofreading
– Creation of tracking links
– Testing and conducting QA on sends before scheduling
– Keyword and hashtag research to optimize content for SEO
– Working with internal contributors to source, proof, and approve content
– Selecting and sizing contextually relevant and on-brand artwork for content
– Some graphic design for organic posts
– Update and publishing of posts via Sprout Social
– Experience with Twitter, TikTok, Instagram
– Adobe Suite (Photoshop, etc.)
– Video production or editing
Please feel free to learn more about our company at www.avgfunds.com
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.