At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for an internship is about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful. We invite you to get to know us better. Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2017 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· You will have the opportunity to specify role preference when you create your candidate profile and submit your application within the Amazon portal.
· You need only to submit one Amazon job application for all roles listed below (please use your school e-mail).
· Role and team placement are based on business needs and as Amazon continues to grow and flex, we are looking for candidates who want to own, build and impact the customer experience rather than are tied to a specific role or team.
· Make sure to list your MBA/master’s program and expected conferral date (month and year) within the Education section of your online application and on your resume.
· A cover letter is not necessary.
Internship at Amazon
Participants join Amazon as Interns at our Meguro Office in Tokyo. An Amazon MBA summer internship is 10-12 weeks long, consisting of a strategic project that is data intensive, analytical, centered on a real business issue, and representative of the full-time role. The interns will have ownership of a high profile project within a business organization team, where they will partner with key business groups and clients. By participating in the internship, you will have opportunities to analyze unique business ideas, make data driven decisions and provide input to drive meaningful change. Each intern will have exposure to upper level management (including Vice Presidents and Directors) and the opportunity to apply general business skills to support successful execution of corporate strategies.
Internship opportunities available in the following areas:
Senior Product Manager (PM): PMs at Amazon invent new products and features on behalf of customers. PMs work cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, develop business models and marketing plans, define and analyze success metrics, manage strategic projects, and own the product end-to-end. PMs ultimately become general managers responsible for running large business segments and organizations. If you are excited about working on a flagship initiative, enjoy managing global relationships, and are aiming for delivering a large scale event or product to help the thousands of small business on Amazon Japan, then this role is a perfect fit. Internships are available in Japan.
Pathways Operations Leadership Development Program (OPS): Pathways Ops is a five-year program designed to rapidly develop talented MBA graduates with the skills they need to be Amazon General Managers and Directors. Pathways Ops will develop leadership skills and gain a deep knowledge of the business through a series of progressively challenging operational assignments across Amazon’s growing supply chain network. Pathways Ops are expected to be mobile and scale with the growth of the business, lead and develop large teams, solve problems with creative solutions and deliver results on behalf of our customers! Internships are available in Japan.
Senior Program Manager (PGM): PGMs work to find solutions to complex problems within operations, supply chain, demand planning, logistics and innovate on leading edge solutions to manage programs broadly across businesses within Amazon. PGMs are given responsibility on their first day to own those business challenges and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions. They drive efforts independently and as part of larger project teams and have a significant impact on the customer experience and the business. Internships are available in Japan.
Senior Financial Analyst (SFA): SFAs are responsible for long and short term financial planning, controllership of monthly financial reporting, developing and reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics, and providing analytical support for Senior Business Management. A portion of the time will be spent on ad hoc analysis to support the growing business needs. This position will be a key risk/controllership gateway for the Japan business teams and requires a candidate with strong communication and leadership skills. Internships are available in Japan.
· Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA or equivalent master’s level program (Class of 2022)
· 3+ years of industry work experience prior to master’s program
· Business level fluency in Japanese and English
· 4-6 years of work experience
· Committed to learning new things, taking ownership and getting things done
· Comfortable working in a cross-functional, dynamic environment, managing multiple, sometimes competing, priorities