Mechanical Engineer Co-Op
January 2022 to June 2022
Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Mechanical Engineering student to join our Hardware Reliability Engineering team for a Co-op assignment. The candidate will have the opportunity work with senior engineering staff on existing and new and existing tools, mechanisms, modules and systems. The ideal candidate has strong mechanical aptitude, enjoys problem solving and can potentially handle multiple parallel tasks. This position reports to the Manager of Hardware Reliability Engineering.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to design and analyze mechanisms, modules or systems
- Model and detail solutions in hand sketches and SolidWorks
- Analyze components and systems using standard tools including SolidWorks Simulation (FEA) as well as hand calculations
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Build models and prototypes
- Conduct testing
- Support staff writing ECO’s, specifications and plans
- Junior year or beyond in Mechanical Engineering program
- At least one semester of school left to complete after December 2021
- Previous co-op experience
- Solid understanding of principals, theories and concepts in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Simulation Finite Element Analysis tools
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us