Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Software and Automation Technology Team at Amazon is seeking passionate and talented software development engineers to help build out our IoT. Our team is challenged with high impact projects, including the evaluation of creative ideas that will pave the way for the future of Amazon’s fulfillment and delivery network. If you’re looking to get hands-on experience with IoT utilizing AWS technologies and python then this is the job for you!
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The SDE Intern will be responsible for:
- Identifying and developing software solutions to current business problems
- Creating milestones and deliverables and tracking status with team
- Participating in daily scrums and reviews with development teams
- Developing design documentation and leading reviews with other interns and engineers
- Writing code and unit tests and integrating code with other software and hardware components
- Utilizing Amazon Robotics and Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies
- Delivering a final presentation to managers and engineers on the successes and challenges of their internship and the business value they have contributed
- Completion of at least junior year of degree program is required
- Degree program in computer science, electrical engineering, applied math or other algorithmic-centric discipline
- Experience in Python
- Experience with relational databases
- Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, distributed, multi-tiered systems, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong understanding of Angular or React.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem-solving skills and effective communication
- Interest in Robotics including coursework or clubs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.