Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
The Amazon Robotics System Architecture group is seeking a self-motivated engineering intern to work with us on the design of our next-generation automated systems. The Systems Architecture intern will apply systems engineering tools and techniques on new product development programs. You will work with the team to conduct trade studies, determine requirements, capture system architectures, define interfaces, and develop test strategies.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 or more consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2021. Amazon Robotics internship opportunities are planned to be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities. If the team is primarily working from home during this timeframe, the internship will be virtual.
- Work with team to capture and decompose system requirements
- Analyze key performance requirements
- Contribute to development of system test plan
- Deliver a final presentation to managers and engineers on the successes and challenges of their internship and the business value they have contributed.
- An BS or MS student in engineering (AE, Robotics, ME, EE) or relevant technical field of study. Completion of at least junior year of degree program is required
- Experience with testing hardware/software systems in a laboratory environment, including measuring systems and analyzing results (through coursework or prior internships)
- Experience building models, simulations or analyses using Excel, MATLAB, Python, or other languages and tools
- Experience or interest in systems engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with robotics systems (through coursework or prior internships)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in cross-functional project teams
- Working knowledge of systems engineering tools and concepts (user needs definition; Concept of Operations development; functional/physical decomposition; context diagrams; interface definition; requirements definition and decomposition; fault analysis; test development)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.