Systems & Products Integration Co-op
July 2021 to December 2021
Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
The System & Product Integration Team works with hardware, software, and industrial engineering teams develop new technologies and find better, faster ways of deliver packages to our customers. The System & Product Integration Co-op is a key team member who will manage the development and implementation of a new product. This role requires excellent communication and project management skills to manage design timelines, process information from multiple stakeholders, and implement improvement initiatives for the team.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from July 2021 to December 2021.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
- Maintain and develop tools and dashboards to monitor program milestones, track and report capital spending, and maintain the solution design portfolio
- Maintain and improve the processes and methodology to expand the portfolio of Amazon Robotics fulfillment center designs, strategic tools, and models
- Demonstrate proven success as both an independent performer and a contributing member of a high-performing team; show the ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
- Currently working towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, finance, business (or similar field)
- At least one semester of school left to complete after December 2021
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior internship or co-op experience in a similar field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.