Technical Product Manager Co-op
July 2021 to December 2021
Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
The Technical Product Management team partners closely with software and hardware engineering teams and is responsible for defining product requirements for the development of the latest technologies for Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers. The Product Management Co-op is a key team member, creating and writing product requirement documents for the manual workstation product line as well as evaluating new feature requests for financial entitlement and customer impact. This role requires excellent communication, writing, project management, and technical skills to process information from multiple stakeholders, understand technical product features, and communicate effectively with engineering partners as well as Fulfillment Center customers.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from July-December 2021. Amazon Robotics is based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Due to COVID-19, this co-op opportunity will be virtual and will require remote collaboration with the rest of the team, who is also working remotely for the near term.
- Triage and evaluate incoming new feature requests for financial entitlement and impact to end customers
- Prioritize and write product requirements for high impact new features for the manual workstation product line
- Lead product requirement reviews with software and hardware engineering teams
- Demonstrate proven success as both an independent performer and a contributing member of a high-performing team; show the ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for the product line
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Currently working towards Master’s degree in UX, engineering, finance, business, or similar field
- Have at least one semester left of school to complete after December 2021
- Prior engineering or computer science work experience in a similar field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.