Technical Support Engineer – Emerging Technology Services (Night Shift)
Monday through Friday, 4pm to 1am EST
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The scope of Amazon Robotics (AR) is expanding to include support of exciting new robotics technology being developed by teams across Amazon. A group of experienced and entrepreneurial minded Engineers and Support Managers is being assembled to create the new Emerging Technology Services (ETS) Team that will partner with product development teams, operations leaders, and maintenance teams to support advanced robotics technology across Amazon’s fulfillment network.
In this role on the ETS team, you will work directly with hardware engineers, regional support managers, operations leaders, and site-level maintenance teams to maximize the performance of advanced robotics systems. You will develop deep technical and functional subject matter expertise that will enable you to work directly with our fulfillment center operators and maintenance teams to solve complex and time-sensitive problems.
In this role you will manage problems escalated from sites, develop metrics and software tools to proactively monitor system performance, push threshold-based alerts, and produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports. You will also develop and implement standard operating procedures and feedback mechanisms that ensure the ETS team is constantly gathering customer feedback and using that feedback to improve service. You are expected to be able to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
This shift is a night shift: Monday through Friday, 4pm to 1am EST.
- Develop metrics and tools to proactively monitor system performance, push alerts, and to provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Proactively detect and resolve issues through the use of monitoring systems and alerts
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and customer feedback mechanisms
- Actively seek solutions to customer needs and propose solutions based on customer feedback
- Develop and implement problem management procedures including escalation paths for technical and operational issues
- Lead problem management, root cause analysis, and preventative measure ideation
- Develop command-line and SQL scripts for use by support teams
- Build an effective working relationship with operations and maintenance partners
- Provide requirements and “voice of the customer” feedback to development and support teams
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience
- Experience providing technical customer support
- Knowledge and/or working experience with relational database management systems (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or working experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, drive improvements, and implement preventive measures
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to lead complex technical discussions with a variety of groups including software engineers, hardware engineers, technicians, and operators
- Knowledge and/or working experience with networking and product IT
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following additional areas: Coding Languages (Java, C++) or Networking Technologies (TCP/IP, DNS)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.