The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is seeking a Policy Intern to help advance renewable energy through policy innovation. ACORE represents the nation’s leading renewable energy developers, manufacturers, and investors along with corporate electricity consumers, electricity utilities, and the many other diverse industries that comprise America’s renewable energy economy.
The ideal candidate has strong skills in research and writing as well as the desire to impact positive change on energy policy. Interns will report to the Policy Manager. This position is located in ACORE’s Washington, D.C. office.
- Conduct research on a variety of topics including federal energy and tax policy, state energy policy, electric power sector trends, and wholesale energy markets.
- Draft issue briefs, fact sheets, bill summaries, and other documents as necessary.
- Attend Congressional hearings, briefings, and other events related to energy policy.
- Create and present an independent research project under the mentorship of ACORE’s policy team.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- At least three days a week of internship availability.
- Classwork or prior experience in public policy or renewable energy.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills.
- An ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects and assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team.