The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is seeking a Programs Intern to help advance renewable energy through education, collaboration, and supportive finance. ACORE represents the nation’s leading renewable energy developers, manufacturers, and investors along with corporate electricity consumers, electricity utilities, and the many other diverse industries that comprise America’s renewable energy economy.
The ideal candidate has strong skills in research and writing and research skills as well as a desire to impact positive change on renewable energy finance. Interns will report to the Program Manager. This position is located in ACORE’s Washington, D.C. office.
- Conduct research on a variety of topics, including electric power sector trends, renewable energy finance, and business strategies.
- Assist with the drafting of reports, blog posts, fact sheets, and other documents as necessary.
- Attend ACORE conferences and webinars as appropriate.
- Create and present an independent research project under the mentorship of ACORE’s programs team.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- At least three days a week of internship availability.
- Classwork or prior experience in renewable energy.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills.
- An ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects and assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team.