Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we’ve continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that’s stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
This role will be immersed in the context of the Product Automation Team to learn and work on various development activities in areas of parsing documents, dynamic code generation, and cloud enabling tasks. The intern will work in an Agile, TDD setting developing, reviewing, testing and documenting code. Our stack is currently comprised mainly of React, Python and SQL.
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more OOP programming language such as Java, C++, or Python (Python experience preferred, or a strong willingness to learn)
- Knowledge of Sorting, Ordering and Data Structures (trees, hashes, queues, etc.)
- Student enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Software Development, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Junior or Senior standing preferred
- Knowledge of Computers Systems, Operating Systems, Networking and Data Bases
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations
- Driven toward results, individually and in a team setting
- Excellent organization and follow up skills