Position: Energy Specialist
Compensation & Benefits:
- $60,000 (starting) Salary + Commissions
- Use of Company Vehicle
- Paid Health Insurance (Dental & Vision plans available)
- 401K w/ up to 4% vested match
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
At American Installations, we are looking for ambitious, outgoing individuals who would like a satisfying career in building science and sales. The position requires an outgoing, personable, and self-driven individual with good computer skills who enjoys meeting and helping new clients move forward with implementing energy efficiency in their homes.
Our 6 week training phase focuses on teaching new Energy Specialists all the skills needed for success in the position: the “ins and outs” of residential home construction, combustion appliance testing, software data entry, and how to effectively communicate, install and sell efficiency measures to our clients with the help of www.masssave.com incentives. Once the initial training phase has been successfully completed, new Energy Specialists work independently and receive weekly coaching and performance tracking. Within 6 months of completing the initial training phase, new Energy Specialists are sent for additional training to obtain their certification as a Building Analyst Professional through the Building Performance Institute (BPI).
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Complete 2-3 Mass Save Home Energy Assessments per day (Monday-Friday)
- Interact with clients in their homes, handling materials and 6ft step ladder, entering through small & large hatches/entryways, moving through attics, knee walls & crawlspaces, recording efficiency recommendations
- Collect referrals from clients to generate new appointments and help additional community members
- Contract Weatherization projects with clients for home energy efficiency installation measures (air sealing, weatherization, ventilation, etc.) – applying utility incentives to discount projects
- Provide client with in-home saving measures, such as: LEDs, thermostats, water saving measures, etc.
- Perform combustion safety testing on home appliances, such as: heating systems, DHW, ovens, etc.
- Complete software modeling, administrative paperwork and uploads for each home energy assessment
Preferred Experience: Outgoing/personable, computer proficiency, knowledge of residential construction