Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world’s largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. AIR works with federal, state, and local government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
AIR’s 2021 Virtual Summer Internship Program is designed to identify, attract, and hire the best collegiate talent that will drive creativity and innovation while enabling the organization to create a diverse and skilled talent pool. Spanning 10 – 12 weeks, AIR’s paid summer program provides Interns and Scholars with various learning and networking opportunities that enhance their skill-set and build lasting professional connections.
AIR is currently seeking an Intern for our Workforce Development program area to join our 2021 Virtual Summer Internship Program.
- Conduct literature reviews to support projects and proposals
- Assist staff in the review, identification and development of scholarly information describing research findings
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and review of virtual focus group and virtual interview data
- Develop spreadsheets and databases to support tracking of data collection activities and synthesize key findings
- Analyze qualitative research data and contribute to the reporting and interpretation of findings
- Currently seeking a Bachelor’s degree in such fields as psychology, sociology, education policy, public policy, or other social science related fields
- Experience with and/or knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies and techniques, particularly conducting site visits and leading or supporting semi-structured interviews and focus groups
- Experience and/or knowledge of issues in higher education and, in particularly minority serving institutions, including Hispanic Serving Institutions, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and/or Tribal Colleges and Universities
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with qualitative analysis software such as NVivo
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or the equivalent (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
Candidates must be eligible to work on-site in our U.S. AIR offices for the duration of the internship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.