Established in 1946, with headquarters in Crystal City, Virginia, AIR is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research on important social issues and delivers technical assistance and capacity building services domestically and internationally in health, social development, education, and workforce to a growing roster of clients and partners. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world.
AIR’s International Development Division (IDD) strives to improve the quality of life in developing countries by using rigorous research and evaluation to enhance education and social development. We work across a wide range of topics including workforce development, agriculture/food/nutrition, early childhood development, education, refugees and migration, social protection, water/sanitation/infrastructure, and women’s empowerment in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Central and Latin America as well as the Middle East. The IDD generates policy-relevant evidence through rigorous monitoring, evaluations, and research; helps improve program design through continuous learning and adaptation; and works with local organizations and governments to build sustainable solutions based on evidence.
AIR is seeking a Quantitative Research Associate to join IDD. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand quantitative data management and research experience on exciting evaluations of development programs. This position can be remote or located out of any of the following AIR locations once offices are reopened: Crystal City, VA or Rockville, MD or Austin, TX or Chicago, IL or Chapel Hill, NC.
The Quantitative Research Associate provides statistical and analytical support, responsibilities include:
- Collect, compile, validate, interpret, and analyze data and trends using standard practices and techniques
- Perform computer modeling or simulation or simple to moderately complex forecasting using standard software packages
- Apply quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods
- Work on moderately complex assignments under indirect supervision
- Conduct literature reviews and write sections of proposals and deliverables
- Responsible for maintaining and checking the accuracy of data for assigned projects
- Communicate project support needs and requests to senior management and clientele, provide administrative support where applicable
- Utilize external resources to supplement, organize, and contribute to tasks and projects
- Budget management and development
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience or Master’s degree in such fields as social sciences, statistics, quantitative methods or related field
- Experience with STATA/SAS/R or survey research required
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software required
- Experience working in other countries required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on detailed assignments
- Experience having lived or worked extensively in francophone Africa preferred
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Fluency in any French preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.