At American Reading Company, we create content, build tools, and provide training to help students become avid readers and learners. Digital products are an integral part of our business. Nearly one million students and educators use our digital products every day, and we run a modern, high-throughput application stack to support that usage.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer who will ensure that our software development team can test, deploy, host, monitor, and orchestrate their digital products in a secure, streamlined, high-performance environment.
Our digital tools are designed, engineered, and supported in-house. If you have the skillset for this unique opportunity, you’ll be able to work with an amazing team of developers and turn your ideas into tools that support students and educators everywhere.
Based in Blue Bell, PA, American Reading Company (ARC) is an educational services company serving over a quarter million students in 50 states, partnering with districts across the country since 1998 to foster independent reading and ensure academic success. ARC is a mission-driven company, providing language arts solutions, including the best, most diverse collections on the market in English and Spanish K-12. We are a high growth, triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit), and 100% solar-powered organization.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Hosting
- Maintain and Support
- Docker Swarm
- Ubuntu/Windows Systems
- Automation – Automate wherever feasible/practical
- Ansible + AWX
- Proficient with at least one development language for example Bash, PowerShell, Python, PHP
- Basic familiarity with automated testing concepts and tools
- Proficient understanding of at least one Monitoring tool
- Basic familiarity with concepts of DevOps, CI/CD principles, and tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Docker, Containerd, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Code Source control systems
- Understand, Optimize and Improve the CI/CD processes
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of our enterprise applications and systems
- Production Support
- Triage and assist with the resolution of complex issues
- Submit change requests and participate in ITIL Change Management process
- Basic understanding of Security tools
- StackPath Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Snyk Vulnerability Analysis
- Psalm Static Code Analysis
- Will provide detailed examples of work they’ve done using the above technologies.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, and the ability to distill complex technical concepts.
- Have a love for writing and maintaining clear, detailed technical documentation.
Location and Longevity
- This is a full-time position.
- Fully remote candidates as well as those interested in working at our headquarters in Blue Bell, PA will be considered.
- We are looking for someone who will build a lasting career with us!
- Commensurate with experience.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as 16 days PTO plus holidays, 401K, and employer contribution to the cost of health insurance.
- Additional benefit options available, such as a Short & Long-Term Disability insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a children’s home library collection.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog and family friendly environment.
- We are dedicated to our mission of every student in America reading on or above grade level.
- We are committed to business as a vehicle for social justice.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter
- No third-party applications please
- No phone calls please