American Reading Company (ARC) is seeking a creative to join our team as a Digital Product Designer. You’ll work collaboratively with leadership and engineers in designing powerful, user-friendly, and accessible web and mobile applications that will drive student, teacher, and administrator success across the nation. If you are passionate about interface design and user experience – this will be your dream job!
Based in Blue Bell, PA, American Reading Company (ARC) is an educational services company serving over a quarter million students in 50 states, partnering with districts across the country since 1998 to foster independent reading and ensure academic success. ARC is a mission-driven company, providing language arts solutions, including the best, most diverse collections on the market in English and Spanish K-12. We are a high growth, triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit), and 100% solar-powered organization.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Experience designing complex web and mobile applications.
- Strong portfolio a must. Candidates without demonstrated design experience will not be considered.
- Strong prototyping skills using an industry standard tool such as Figma, Adobe XD, or Sketch.
- Technical understanding of web and mobile app technologies including responsive design and ADA Compliance.
- Experience designing unified experiences across application platforms.
- Passion in transforming product visions into beautiful, elegant experiences.
- Skilled in storytelling (explaining your work, process, and decisions).
- Comfortable designing based on limited business requirements and open to iterative feedback to help our company produce its best work.
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- Possess a collaborative work style, growth mindset, and get-it-done attitude.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as 16 days PTO plus holidays, 401K, and employer contribution to the cost of health insurance.
- Additional benefit options available, such as a Short & Long-Term Disability insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a children’s home library collection.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog and family friendly environment.
- We are dedicated to our mission of every student in America reading on or above grade level.
- We are committed to business as a vehicle for social justice.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter
- No third-party applications please
- No phone calls please