Are you an educator with K-12 experience successfully implementing American Reading Company’s ENIL and IRLA, ARC Core en español, or 100 Book Challenge? Do you enjoy creating instructional resources across a variety of platforms? Would you like to devote your work to the ongoing development and improvement of solutions that promote equity, access, and excellence for students whose home language is Spanish and/or are enrolled in bilingual programs across the country? If so, ARC’s Curriculum and Instruction team needs you! Experience with ARC’s programs in a K-12 setting is strongly recommended. Demonstrated experience providing top-quality professional development in schools implementing ARC solutions is preferred.
Based in Blue Bell, PA, American Reading Company (ARC) is an educational services company serving over a quarter million students in 50 states, partnering with districts across the country since 1998 to foster independent reading and ensure academic success. ARC is a mission-driven company, providing language arts solutions, including the best, most diverse collections on the market in English and Spanish K-12. We are a high growth, triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit), and 100% solar-powered organization.
- Design, execute, and coordinate the development of digital, text, and video supports for ARC’s Spanish solutions
- Develop, revise and expand ARC’s Spanish curriculum components as part of the MLT team
- Collaborate in schools with customers and ARC’s professional development team to ensure curriculum materials are working as intended
- Collaborate with other departments and customers on custom design projects
- Experience teaching (and ideally coaching other teachers) in a K-12 setting
- Experience with ARC solutions as a user
- Native-level fluency in Spanish and English
- Strong writing skills in Spanish and English
- Graduate degree in education OR Undergraduate degree in a content field (Biology, History, etc) in addition to teaching experience/certification
- Ability to take constructive feedback and rework something until it is the best it can be
- Experience providing procedural feedback and working in a collaborative environment
- Flexibility and positive attitude to regular adjustments in priorities
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Computer literacy, with willingness to learn new applications
- Avid reader
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as 16 days PTO plus holidays, 401K, and employer contribution to the cost of health insurance.
- Additional benefit options available, such as a Short & Long-Term Disability insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a children’s home library collection.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog and family friendly environment.
- We are dedicated to our mission of every student in America reading on or above grade level.
- We are committed to business as a vehicle for social justice.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter
- No third-party applications please
- No phone calls please