TITLE: Knowledge Management Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Technical Unit
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
JOB STATUS: Full-time (40 hours/week)
LOCATION: Remote Employment
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 90 countries on average, including the United States with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies and emergency aid. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit www.americares.org.
Americares supports a network of nearly 1,000 clinics and health centers in the United States, serving more than seven million patients collectively. Over the past 40 years, Americares has built deep and mutually beneficial relationships with our safety net partners. Americares partner network treats patients that are harder to reach in communities: frontline essential workers, communities of color, low-income, the uninsured/underinsured, undocumented citizens, and disproportionally affected groups.
In partnership with the monitoring and evaluation team as well as other key project stakeholders, the Knowledge Management specialist will serve in a 12-month term position with possible extension and be responsible for overseeing monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management/learning activities for the cross-departmental Reinforcing COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence project. Duties shall focus on project knowledge management platform development and maintenance. Key responsibilities include working with relevant stakeholders for the successful achievement of program goals.
The Reinforcing COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence project is funded through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and seeks to build and reinforce COVID-19 vaccine confidence among healthcare personnel in the safety net sector, and in turn the patients they serve. Healthcare personnel were among the first to receive COVID-19 vaccines because of their essential role in fighting the pandemic and their increased risk of infection and further spread among their patients. Healthcare personnel also play a critical role in promoting confidence among the population at large as wider distribution of vaccines become available. To reinforce confidence among healthcare personnel, and in turn the patients they serve, this project will work with our network of partners to implement a number of informational, marketing, social media, networking, and other activities.
Based on Americares ongoing COVID-19 response efforts and the needs of our safety net partners (to include free and charitable clinics) surrounding vaccine confidence, the Knowledge Management specialist will support the implementation team to achieve: improved state, territorial and national level safety net clinic and health center information management and coordination; information and feedback sharing to the CDC, and; general COVID-19 vaccine information dissemination and awareness raising.
- In collaboration with Information Technology and external consultants, develop the Knowledge Management Platform and/or System from the ground up to capture information and feedback, together with synthesized tacit knowledge, that enables CDC to adaptively manage their programs;
- In collaboration with external consultants, create Knowledge Management governance and standards across project teams;
- In collaboration with external consultants, develop techniques and procedures for organizing, locating, and enabling access to relevant knowledge and expertise required to address specific tasks;
- Develop a roadmap to expand the knowledge management and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) strategy and system to the organizational Conduct Knowledge Management and CLA training sessions for both internal and external stakeholders as needed; Work collaboratively to improve the knowledge management platform and system;
- In collaboration with the Project Director, Project Manager and Technical Advisor, lead the process of developing final indicators for the Knowledge Management outcome in the Reinforcing COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Project.
- In collaboration with the M&E manager to develop the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (MELP) for the project;
- Ensure the MELP is correctly implemented, reviewed on a regular basis as part of the CDC workplan process, and adjustments made as necessary;
- Ensure the program uses state-of-the-art tools and techniques both inside and outside the organization;
- Work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams, including Marketing/Communications, Program Teams, and Technical Advisors;
- Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity;
- Coach, support and develop department staff to increase individual and team effectiveness;
- Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase department operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives;
- Participate in project related meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field with 3+ years knowledge management and CLA experience developing system and process from the ground up, preferably in general healthcare, clinical, and information systems environments;
- Experience in designing adequate health indicators and internal monitoring systems for various programmatic settings;
- Experience in statistical analysis and developing databases, preferably in SPSS and MySQL;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills; ability to develop partnerships across sectors and cultures;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, with balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing donor reports;
- Proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus;
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Personal Success Factors:
- Self-disciplined, driven, and can-do attitude;
- Works well independently and can be counted on to get the job done and achieve results;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Maintains positivity with the myriad of challenges inherent in the work, both from external as well as internal levers. Perseveres under adversity, when faced with challenges;
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and tasks and complete them on time and with good quality; sound judgment and decision making.