The Americas Society and Council of the Americas (AS/COA) is seeking a student intern for the Miami office to assist the office in membership and programs. Our interns have unique exposure to the policy dialogue in Miami among business, community, and government leaders and can contribute to this dialogue by helping to organize and executive the meetings and forums led by the AS/COA Miami team. This internship will be virtual as the company is working remotely.
• Performing market research on current and prospective members and preparing company profiles; ability to attend conference meetings (when applicable)
• Assist with engaging with members daily
• Researching and identifying prospects for membership with the COA, in South Florida as well as throughout Latin America
• Assist with program management (Miami programs, Women’s Hemispheric Network, YPA, BRAVO Leadership) – all of which will be conducted virtually
• Generating reports and queries as well as facilitating maintenance of our database (Raiser’s Edge)
• Writing briefing papers on relevant topics for programs
• 20-25 hours per week; minimum 3-month commitment.
• University credit is offered for this internship.
• Flexibility to schedule due to working remotely
• At least 2 years of college or university
• Excellent English writing skills
• Strong written and spoken Spanish, Portuguese a plus
• Exceptional research skills
• Facility with databases
• Must be detail-oriented
• Ability to work on a variety of projects and to prioritize
• Applicants must obtain student credit to qualify
• Curiosity and an eagerness to contribute to a dynamic team environment
Please send your resume, cover letter and written sample to Cyndi Balladares, Associate Office and Corporate Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Americas Society (AS) is the premier forum dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Council of the Americas (COA) is the premier international business organization whose members share a common commitment to economic and social development, open markets, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Council’s membership consists of leading international companies representing a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, consulting services, consumer products, energy and mining, manufacturing, media, technology, and transportation.
Americas Society and Council of the Americas – uniting opinion leaders to exchange ideas and create solutions to the challenges of the Americas today.