America’s Test Kitchen is seeking a Retention Specialist to join our customer service team. This position requires someone who is highly organized, has excellent communication skills, and displays good-judgment. Experience in a direct selling or live customer support role is preferred.
In this proactive support role, you will be coordinating and executing loyalty and retention activities designed to win back, reward, and retain our customers. You’ll listen patiently and empathetically, track information, and apply consultative skills regarding our services and pricing. You will work to understand customer concerns and provide them with solutions.
- Fielding inbound contacts via phone and email from existing customers and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through proactive support and active listening.
- Handling customer cancellation requests via telephone and email
- Negotiating with customers to renew accounts and retain business.
- Educating customers on the value of our services.
- Analyzing customer feedback and developing new techniques to ensure customer retention.
- Coordinating, executing, and managing outbound call programs built to effectively retain customers through positive relationship building.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as needed
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years experience in a customer support, account management, or sales role
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A team orientated philosophy
- Creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- The capacity for patience, listening, and empathy
- A strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The capacity to learn multiple software, database, and customer support systems
- Knowledge of Google suite
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Why America’s Test Kitchen:
We’re passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We’re small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that’s how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.