The Internal Wholesaler (Regional Sales Specialist) provides strategic telephone sales and comprehensive territory management support for the territory area. This position is based in the Boston office.
- Strategically collaborate with the Regional Vice President in the creation, implementation and execution of the territory marketing and sales strategy.
- Spend approximately 75-80% of time independently planning, preparing and initiating sales calls to influence financial professionals to promote and sell Pioneer products.
- Extensive follow up with Financial professionals after Regional Vice President visits to provide additional information, obtain feedback about the meeting and utilize needs based selling techniques to inquire about additional product needs.
- Independently Develop new prospects and maintain existing relationships with a focus on increasing sales in the territory.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings with representatives either in the territory and/or during a visit to our Boston office.
- Facilitate conference calls between branch offices and Pioneer’s investment staff through designated channels.
- Coordinate planning of broker dealer meetings, seminars, conference calls and necessary meetings involving external financial professionals, Portfolio Managers and all levels of management within the Distribution organization.
- Create and provide hypothetical investment reports and research to Regional Vice President and/or Financial Professionals in order to generate new business in the territory.
- Analyze daily sales reports to provide intelligence on territory activity to Regional Vice President Provide inbound phone queue coverage, as necessary, responding to product, sales and marketing questions presented by representatives calling the department.
- Rely on extensive industry knowledge and experience to collaborate with the wholesaler in achieving established sales goals for the territory.
- Utilize technology tools as well as analyze firm and third party data in order to uncover opportunities, improve targeting of advisors/teams and narrow focus for sales/product campaigns to increase sales, retain assets and diversify the business.
- Independently develop thorough understanding of key accounts, BD platforms, investment strategies, and competitive landscape for use in developing new prospects and maintaining existing relationships.
- Proactive and coordinated use of digital marketing and social media
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years equivalent work experience with a strong business acumen.
- Series 7 and 66 required
- Knowledge of the financial marketplace including, but not limited to: stocks, bonds, international investing, currency, etc.
- Self-motivated, with attention to details, that can work autonomously and at times collaboratively in a fast pace atmosphere.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible with work schedule.
- Some nights and weekends and some travel required.