The primary focus for this position will be to support the engineering team in a number of research, development, and quality related tasks. You will be able to work directly with senior staff and other engineers in a supportive environment and will have full access to our years of experience in product development. This is a great opportunity for anyone with the requisite background who wants to gain experience in product design, prototyping, and manufacturing.
Analog Photonics is a fast-growing startup developing the next generation miniaturized lidar sensors for autonomous applications. Join our team if you are:
• interested in working in a fast-growing early-stage startup
• enthusiastic about working on disruptive lidar technology
• a team player being able to work in dynamic environment
Responsibilities and Duties
Product Development Technical Support
• Assembly and testing of microelectronic, electro-mechanical, and opto-electronic devices.
• Perform a variety of precision process operations.
• Contribute to wirebonding, micro-soldering, attachment, and other small-scale assembly tasks.
• Manual probe testing and dicing of electro-optic chips.
• Preparation and execution of optical fiber attachment.
• Electro-optic parts testing on semi-auto test stations.
• Initiate and communicate ideas for process improvement.
• Contribute to communicating technical drawings with packaging service suppliers.
• Contribute to procuring needed electronic, mechanical, and optical parts/components.
• Visit local partners for packaging related activities.
• Monitoring and maintaining laboratory.
Qualifications and Skills
• High school degree or equivalent
• A minimum of 3-4 years of related experience in microelectronics and/or optics
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in using a Microscope to process delicate miniature parts.
• General familiarity with IT resources and software for data and image capture.
• The ability to work independently as well as in a group environment is essential.
• Have good recording skills for experimental results and documenting for learning and reproduction.
Nature and Scope
Contacts: This position requires direct communication with our senior engineering staff members and technicians to deal with technical requirements and matters. Outside communication to suppliers and third-party service houses for effective procurement.
Level of Responsibility: Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
Decision-Making Authority: Decide on task priorities given multiple deadlines and demands on diverse work portfolios that can impact department operation. Decide on the most effective path towards solving technical problems.
Physical and Sensory Demands: Outstanding attention to detail. Superior eye-hand coordination. Visual acuity in working with microscopes. Fine finger dexterity/ including grasping or pinching and a steady hand.
Working Environment: Office based and laboratory in Seaport (Boston). Occasional travel to Cambridge based partner for packaging related work