· Hands-on experience that will be a great foundation to your professional career, in theater, arts administration (or other areas of non-profit/arts).
· The development of skills that will allow your professional resume to stand out.
· The opportunity to sharpen arts administration skills including audience relations, arts data base management, ushering, and box office management.
· Assist with all marketing initiatives including regular social media posting, hanging of posters, group sales, and outreach activities including tabling at regional farmers markets.
· Coordinate of all front of house activities (both live and virtual) including box office operation, ticket sales processing, playbill preparation, greeting and ushering.
· Support all special event planning and facilitating, including opening night events, donor parties.
· Serve as liaison to all guest artists (both live and virtual) providing hospitality and transportation as needed.
· Support other special tasks as needed.
· Free tickets to every AOH event.
· The chance to be a part of the founding AOH intern company, participating in the creation of our fifth season of theatre.
· Monthly stipend of $100.00.
Who you should be:
We are seeking interns who are interested in being a part of a company, and who may not share the same artistic values as the AOH, but who respect our mission. Interns need not possess any specific skills, though we are grateful for individuals who do have experience in the theater, or non-profit. We want interns who have a passion for creating theatre, and who are not afraid of hard work.
Covid Safety Protocol:
Ancram Opera House follows all guidelines as defined by the State of New York, the CDC, and when appropriate, Actor’s Equity Association.
About Ancram Opera House
Ancram Opera House presents a mix of contemporary theatre, alternative cabaret, and community programs. Located in the Hudson River Valley in a former grange hall converted into an intimate and flexible space, AOH offers a unique opportunity to directly engage, up close, with visionary theatre artists at the top of their field yet rarely seen in our region.