Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: Andelans pursue the best possible outcome and deliver it. They are relentless in raising the bar.
- Passion: Andelans relentlessly solve for the needs of our customers – both clients and talent.
- Integrity: Out teams start with trust and own our outcomes. We know that mistakes inevitably happen, and when they occur, they’re flagged early to be solved as a team.
- Collaboration: We step up and step out for our fellow Andelan, when necessary, and realize that our sum is greater than their parts.
Who are you?
You work well under pressure, think out-of-the-box, easily initiate relaxed yet informative two-way phone and email conversations with prospects, and are highly self-motivated. You understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. You will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all services and the engineering industry in general.
- Researching potential engineering leader prospects, contacting them via phone, email, and social media, qualifying them, educating prospects about the services and scheduling meetings with the sales team in a high-activity, high-energy environment
- Independently build and manage your pipeline leveraging our outbound sales software, including Salesforce.com and Salesloft, setting aggressive goals and achieving them
- Provide smooth and value-add transitions into longer conversations with our Account Executives
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you build out your sales skill set and prepare for future roles
- Develop your sales skills via active participation in ongoing trainings
- Thrive with the support of your teammates in weekly meetings and challenging team contests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persistence and ability to focus on the task at hand
- The ability to triage competing priorities
- Track record of over-achieving goals, in the classroom, on the playing field, or in business
- 0-2+ years of work experience, start-up or trained sales experience a plus
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales
- Live Andela’s EPIC Values… professionalism and integrity are a must!