About the Firm
At Aperio Group, our strategies are designed to put our clients’ and their clients’ interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each client’s unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management firm specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. Our firm seeks to build a workforce that is as diverse in experience, perspective, and culture as the clients with whom we aspire to work. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital/family status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Our headquarters is in Sausalito, California, only one block from the beautiful harbor. It’s a short, 20-minute drive from much of San Francisco. We are looking for talented individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area as well as nationwide as a remote opportunity. If not local, when travel is permitted, team members are expected to visit the office periodically for training and to work with the core onsite team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you.
APERIO GROUP, LLC IS COMMITTED TO ATTRACTING, RETAINING, ENGAGING, AND DEVELOPING A POOL OF TALENT THAT IS DIVERSE ALONG MANY DIMENSIONS. WE SEEK TO LEVERAGE THESE DIVERSE EXPERIENCES, BACKGROUNDS, AND VIEWPOINTS TO BEST SERVE THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS.
We are adding to our staff and looking for an entry-level Investment Operations Analyst, with one to three years of experience, who is bright and articulate and has a sense of humor. Ideal candidates must have excellent problem-solving skills, a high degree of attention to detail, and strong organizational and analytical skills. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing investment management firm. The position requires strong analytical and communication skills. Ideal candidates will have good Excel and database skills and must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks. In addition, the Investment Operations Analyst should be able to work well independently and in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and reconcile separately managed accounts between the firm’s portfolio accounting system and our external custodians, daily
- Communicate with custodians, banks, brokers, and vendors to resolve issues related to daily processes, data delivery, trade settlement, etc.
- Work on miscellaneous projects to streamline operations, automate processes, and reduce errors
- Help set up new intermediaries, custodians, platforms, and interfaces
- Help maintain our security master, trading restrictions, and various financial account information
- Respond to diverse external and client requests in a timely and professional manner: reporting, valuations, analyses, etc.
- Reply to various internal requests, typically from client onboarding and portfolio management teams
- Handle assorted monthly and quarterly closing processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, math, finance, or a related field
- One to three years of relevant work experience at an investment management firm
- Portfolio accounting and performance experience
- Solid understanding of financial markets
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills to manage data, projects, and processes
- Knowledge of Advent APX, Salesforce, VBA, SQL a plus
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
California Residents: The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to inform job applicants about the categories of information Aperio collects about you and the purposes for which Aperio will use your information. For personal information subject to the CCPA, please see this Privacy Notice, which contains required disclosures and details information that we collect as a part of our job application process.
Applicants: Please be aware and cautious about scams and requests for information from sources claiming to be affiliated with or working on behalf of Aperio Group. Be suspicious of anyone contacting you from an email domain other than “aperiogroup.com” or “app.bamboohr.com,” or calling you about a job opportunity if you have not sent a resume to us. We will never ask for personal or background check information directly over email or the telephone before providing a formal job offer, and we only use secure methods to request and receive such information. If you are concerned about the legitimacy of a communication or request, we suggest that you call our main line, 415.339.4300, to verify.