Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company’s Definition of Winning.
The Process Optimization and Control (POC) team is responsible for developing cutting-edge nanometer-scale metrology for semiconductor process control. We are actively recruiting for a dynamic eBeam Metrology Application Developer who thrives in a results-driven culture to join our Santa Clara team. We offer a flexible work environment which allows the team to work both on and off site, flexible hours, and no more tracking vacation time. At Applied Materials, you’ve earned it.
· Build an in-depth understanding of customer technologies and critical gaps
· Develop imaging and solutions for eBeam metrology systems which address critical gaps
· Interface with customers and internal teams to define system performance and map gaps
· Define software and algorithm improvements to address performance gaps
· Perform deep analysis of processes using analytical tools and derive actionable conclusions
· Generate reports and deliver results to customers
· Master or higher education degree in Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field. Exceptional Bachelor is considered with strong reference.
· Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
· Understand the statistical data analytics techniques. Ability to exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
· Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
· Multi-disciplinary team collaboration
· Flexible and adaptable mindset
· Self-motivated to achieve objectives and meet deadlines under moderate level of guidance and direction
· Have general knowledge of and/or exposure to semiconductor industry, process and/or metrology is a plus
· Acquired conceptual knowledge and/or experience of Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM, eBeam) is a plus
· General knowledge of programming (e.g. Python, Matlab, etc) is a plus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.