If you want to accelerate your career growth and are passionate about applying your expertise to solve problems of national importance then we have the job you are looking for! You will be able to achieve your personal and professional goals in a stable environment that emphasizes and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit.
Take the project we’re now working on. You will be working on a team that is building a cloud-based development environment. You will work with a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of hardware and software engineers and security specialists to design and implement a secure cloud-based software development and maintenance environment. You will be part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences, and you will be on this team.
Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide system support and configuration of operating systems, virtualization, Teradici thin client management, virtual desktop services such as Amazon Workspaces, and Identity Management technologies such as Active Directory on our Amazon Web Services cloud platform
- Participate in cloud design and implements configurations to meet the program and customer needs. Provides expert level support in troubleshooting, incident responses to restore services, as well managing the prevention of reoccurring incidents
- Work with customers to understand and elicit requirements and build intuitive, interactive, and flexible user interfaces that address complex problems
- Work closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential
Due to the work, you’ll perform and interactions with DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen with an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Requirements are as follows:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 0-2 years of relevant experience with Master’s
- Support, configuration, and release management of virtual servers, operating systems, storage systems, and associated system management technologies to ensure systems are secure and highly available
- Provide technical and operational support in a multi-tenant cloud infrastructure
- Provide tier III level support for incidents to ensure systems are returned to service as soon as possible
- Obtain and inspect syslogs, error, and support logs for reoccurring incidents, issues, or potential problems
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure consistent cloud environment provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance, and data protection
- Provides capacity planning, performance analysis, assist with disaster recovery and testing
- Provides recommendations on cloud infrastructure upgrades and supports project integration as required
Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Preferences:
- Knowledgeable in Active Directory and associated system technologies
- Knowledgeable in Identity Access Management (AWS IAM) and Shared Security responsibilities
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure and security best practices
- Applied experience delivering infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools such as Terraform, Salt, Packer, CloudFormation
- Knowledgeable in cloud networking architecture design, distributed systems and deployment strategies
- Knowledgeable in networking, common network protocols and services (DNS, SSH, FTP, HTTPS), VPNs, compute infrastructure such as servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/