ARA has an exciting opportunity for the right person to expand an established business in catastrophe modeling software sales. This position will provide the professional with responsibility for the marketing and sales of a catastrophe modeling software product line through strategic product planning and marketing. The senior product manager will assess the needs and opportunities for catastrophe models, specifically a basin-wide North Atlantic hurricane catastrophe model, and related products, through research and feasibility analysis to develop new product specifications. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Sell ARA’s HurLoss.
- Maintain market position managing existing products and competitive market information.
- Participate in the development of product specifications, cost reduction, margin analysis, advertising and promotion, forecasting, product positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Develop goals, budgets, and strategic business plans.
- Provide management with comparative product analysis, competitive product, and marketing strategies, and feature and benefit summaries.
- Conduct product training sessions and manages relevant trade shows.
- Develop goals, budget, and business plan for the product line.
Join our ARA’s Risk Group, an internationally recognized leader in modeling and simulation of extreme events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, straight winds, and storm surge. We model wind hazard risks, structure/facility failure risks, and catastrophic wind losses for property insurance analysis and disaster resilience planning. ARA’s hurricane catastrophe model, HurLoss, has been reviewed and approved by the State of Florida since 2000 and was selected by the Lloyd’s Market Association in 2015 to be the first major region-peril model implemented on the Oasis Loss Modeling Framework.
Senior Business Development and Client Services Manager for Catastrophe Risk Modeling Required Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate will demonstrate past experience in:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Technical field with 10+ years of experience.
- 5 years of Catastrophe modeling software sales and product/market management experience.
- Identifying and developing clients (i.e., locating potential clients, developing client relationships, and preparing proposals).
- Project manager or other significant supervisory roles including personnel, project, and budget management.
- Track record of successful product delivery from follows product from initial development through all stages to product launch.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/