At ARA, we strive to hire valuable colleagues with not only the right skills, but also demonstrate our core values of passion, freedom, service and growth. As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer on our team, you are the backbone of our strategic initiatives and will be responsible for developing technology critical to the success of our projects as well as national security.
You will be working on a team that is building a cloud-based development environment. You will work with a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of hardware, software engineers, and security specialists to design and implement a secure cloud-based software development and maintenance environment. You will be part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences, and you will be on this team.
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation, and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Develop and maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) System Security Plan (SSP) and additional Body of Evidence (BoE) documents for multiple projects
- Understanding of Cloud Security Best practices and ability to demonstrate capabilities during Assessment
- Ability to track and update annual requirements for 200+ users to remain compliant with existing Risk Management Framework (RMF) Body of Evidence (BoE)
- You will be working closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen with an active Secret Security clearance.
Senior Cloud Security Engineer Requirements:
- BS in Cyber Security/Information Technology or a related field or 7-9 years of relevant experience, OR Masters and 5-7 years of experience
- 8570 IAM 2 Certified
- Experience Developing and maintaining RMF SSP
- Experience researching multiple sources and building data packages summarizing the item description and its functionality
- Experience running tests plans for assessment of Information Systems
- Work with HBSS and ACAS and capable of configuring these applications within a deployed environment
Senior Cloud Security Engineer Preferences:
- AWS Certified
- Experience using Jira Service Desk
- Experience researching software vulnerabilities
- Experience building software description/function summary packages
- Willingness to expand into other technical skills
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/